Connecting the school community.
Welcome to your École Quarterway Parent Advisory Council (PAC) webpage!
Are you wondering what the PAC is and what do we do? Look no further.
Your PAC operates as a non-profit organization with no financial benefit, and all parents or legal guardians of students at École Quarterway are automatically voting members. We encourage everyone to participate, as the PAC is an excellent way for parents or caregivers to be directly involved in the school life of their child and to positively influence school culture.
What is the Parent Advisory Council’s Role?
A few highlights of the PAC’s role includes:
- acting as an advocate on behalf of parents and students with the goal of promoting cooperation between the home and school;
- communicating school-related matters and information to parents; and
- reviewing, discussing, and making recommendations to the School Administration.
We also plan PAC events and activities, and each year we organize several fundraisers to provide extra funding for programs, events, and equipment to benefit all students at École Quarterway.
Who Administers the Parent Advisory Council?
The PAC is administered by elected parent volunteers who organize the PAC’s programs, activities, and finances, and function as a liaison between the broader parent community and the School Administration.
This year’s PAC administrative team is:
Chair: Regan Snaith
Co-Chair: Kara Walsh
Secretary: Carly Meunier
Treasurer: Kelsey Chandler
DPAC Rep: Dawn Redden
Members at Large: TBD (By-election to be held Oct 26; please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more)
Past Chair: Emma Montpetit
What Work Does the Parent Advisory Council Do?
Parents volunteer for activities and initiatives that help support and strengthen the school community. Some examples include: grant writing, organizing fundraisers, attending school sanctioned events, advocacy, supporting school programs, and much more. These activities are very important as they help support and provide funding for field trips, school clubs, the food program, the school library, the music program, and much more.
Want to Get Involved?
We are always looking for more fabulous volunteers and are happy to help you find an opportunity to contribute to the school community in a way that matches your schedule, your skills, and your interests. If you are interested in volunteering or getting more information, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
- MEETINGS: We welcome and encourage you to attend the monthly PAC meetings. Meetings are a great way to meet your school parent community and to discuss and vote on the issues that matter to you. Meetings are usually held monthly in the school library (childcare and pizza are provided). Please check the school calendar in late August for a complete list of upcoming meetings for the 2023/24 school year.
- SCHOOL NEWSLETTER: The weekly school newsletter emailed by the office to all families contains a PAC section that offers a snapshot of PAC news and any upcoming activities or fundraisers.
- FACEBOOK: Request to join our ‘Ecole Quarterway PAC’ Facebook page where we post regular updates and reminders.
- EMAILS: Join our email list to receive information directly from us. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the distribution list.
- WEBPAGE: Check our webpage for information: https://qw.schools.sd68.bc.ca/students-parents/pac/
- BULLETIN BOARD: The PAC calendar and any important information shared with parents by email or via Facebook will be posted on the PAC bulletin board located in the front lobby of the school.
Please remember: you can always email us with any questions, comments, concerns, or ideas at email@example.com. We’ll try our best to help or redirect you to the right person!
Constitution and By-Laws:
Please join us monthly at 6:00 PM in the School Library. Childcare and pizza for the kids provided!
These are the scheduled PAC meetings for the 2023/24 school year:
September 28, 2023
October 26, 2023
November 16, 2023
December 14, 2023
January 18, 2024
February 15, 2024
March 28, 2024
April 18, 2024
May 16, 2024
June 13, 2024